Monday, November 17

Families are forever

Dear Tyler,
I just want you to know that you are missed and still thought about daily. I have read and heard stories about your life, and might I say, you sound like a pretty amazing person. Hyrum looks up to you very much. He wears articles of your clothing often. They have become worn out from all the wear, yet Hyrum feels close to you while wearing them and will not retire them to a recommended memory box. I cannot wait for the day that I finally get to meet my new brother. We love you!


In the middle of my wallowing and self pittying about teaching at an elementary school, I hadn't had the chance to post about Hyrum's brother Tyler. Tyer died 4 years ago last Friday. Hyrum was on his mission.

2 comments:

Barb Elder said...

Courtney, You will love Tyler. He and I use to go skiing together. He was such a gifted person. Thanks for writing that. I cried. I heard that things are a little better in the 5th grade class. I have been praying for you. I can't wait for Thanksgiving!!! Love you too.

Unknown said...

Made me cry! I am so glad that Hyrum still wears his clothes. And yes, you will love him. He was so fun and such a great person.